CHIME CALLS OUT TO THE COMMUNITY
An exciting new community project in Peterborough is asking for musicians, artists and volunteers to get involved.
“Chime Creation Centre, situated in The Courtyard on Norfolk Street in Peterborough, is being developed by Community Music organisation Beat This C.I.C. They are transforming a once dark, damp and empty warehouse, into a hub of musical and artistic creativity.”
- Chime will be a unique space that gives you the opportunity to:
- Learn about music and access training and qualifications in music and the arts;
- Create new music by taking part in hands-on, interactive music workshops;
- Record your music whether you are a solo artist, part of a band or budding producer, you can make use of the professional multitrack recording studio;
- Play by jamming with other musicians, experience cutting edge music technology and software and perform LIVE in the studio!
Who knows what inspiration will come from this.”A project currently being run at Chime is the Lavalamp LIVE which gives adults with disabilities to opportunity to learn new musical instruments, record and perform music and form their own live bands.
So far Beat This have received funding grants from Comic Relief, The Microsoft Research Foundation, Waitrose, Perkins Engines and CBI to help pay for vital alterations to the building, including soundproofing and professional music equipment. However, they are still trying to raise a further £4,000 to pay for wider doors which will give wheel-chair users easier access to the Centre.
Local artists are invited to come into the studio to decorate the walls with murals and paintings that represent the surrounding community.
Chime Creation Centre’s grand opening will be on
Saturday the 19th of January 2013.
The general public will be invited to take part in a live all-day music technology workshop,
see the studio in action and get involved with recording the days sessions and see a live performance from Peterborough’s young Beatbox Band, The Vocalize Crew!
You can also drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01733 873014.
Visit www.beatthis.org/category/studio | facebook.com/beatthis.cic | Twitter @beatthiscic.