Strawberry Fair is very excited to announce the first ever U-18s Cambridge Band Competition.
Musicians and singers from across all genres of pop music – from folk to funk from punk to RnB and everything in between – are now invited to enter this new competition, as long as they are under-18 years at the time of the final on 24 November.
Younger performers became a recognised element of the band competition in 2010, when an under-18s heat was introduced for the first time. Richard Brown, Chair of Strawberry Fair which runs this established local music competition said “The number and quality of the under 18s entries combined with the success of Grace Sarah who won the under-18s heat earlier this year and went on to win the overall 2012 competition, demonstrates that this feature of the Cambridge Band Competition has rapidly come of age.”
Entries can be on CD or via email and must be accompanied by an entry form, DOWNLOAD HERE. Closing date for submissions is 17:00 Sunday 7th October.
The competition will comprise three heats and a final, all of which will run in November at the newly extended Portland Arms. The winner will be announced following the final on 24 November and will go on to play in the final of Cambridge Band Competition.
Prizes include £250 and opportunities to play a local and national festivals, and of at Strawberry Fair itself on 1 June 2013.
· The U-18s Cambridge Competition is open for entries from Monday 17th September until 5.00pm Sunday 7th October
· The bands that will play in the heats will be announced on Tuesday 9th October.
· Heats will be held on Sat 3rd, Sat 10th & Sat 17th November and the final will be on Saturday 24th November
· All heats and the final will take place at The Portland Arms between 1.00pm and 4.00pm
· Prizes £250 cash plus recording and band photo shoots, performance opportunities at Strawberry Fair and at other festivals.
· Judging panel will be made up local promoters, producers and members of the Strawberry Fair programming team.